May 3, 2010

IN MEMORIAM—Rose Treviño

Authors, illustrators, readers, advocates for Latino literature, and book lovers of all sorts have suffered a great loss. Rose Treviño, former Youth Services Coordinator for the Houston Public Library, passed away on Friday. Rose was a dear friend and someone I truly admired. She was the type of person who would not hesitate to offer a helping hand, and was willing to introduce you to the right people to ensure your sucess, as she understood that one person's success in this field, signifies a success for the field as a whole. She worked tirelessly to make a difference and knew how to get things done. I consider myself lucky to have known her. Below, I have included a link to an interview I conducted with Rose some time ago for Críticas magazine. Anyone interested in Latino publishing should read this interview to become aware of the amazing work librarians do everyday to promote our books. My heart and thoughts go out to her family, and to everyone who had the pleasure of knowing Rose and is as saddened by this loss as I am. Feel free to comment below if you are so inclined.—Adriana

http://www.criticasmagazine.com/article/CA6605985.html?industryid=48434

Update: Here is an article about Rose, published by SLJ on 5/3/10.

3 comments:

  1. I was so sad to hear this news over the weekend. I had the opportunity to serve with Rose on the 2009 Newbery committee. She was a wonderful leader for us, and I know we all treasure the time we had with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words about my mom. While I am saddened by the loss, I feel blessed that she was my mother. As great of a librarian she was, she was a better mother.
    Steven Trevino

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendriya Vidyalaya (KVS) Model Paper are very important for the Preparation of annual Exams of Primary School for the Students. Grade V Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya can easily get their Latest and most valuable Model Papers from this website. The Students only have to Download the KVS Primary School 5th Model Paper 2022 for all the important subjects are available Including the English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Maths, Science, Social Studies, KVS 5th Class Question Paper has announced School Board Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Authority Ministry of Human Resource Development, KVS All Board Classes V Students who are going to sit in Annual Examination 2022 are allowed to Download KVS Primary School Model Paper 2022 Download our web Portal.

    ReplyDelete